Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 500 g rump steak, cut thick
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 onion
- 1 green pepper
- 100 g button mushrooms
- 2 egg yolks
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1⁄4 cup gherkin, chopped
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 2 teaspoons fresh tarragon, chopped
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- to taste salt
- to taste fresh ground pepper
- Cube the meat, discarding any fat.
- Crush, peel and mash the garlic. Combine garlic, oil and pepper.
- Peel and cut the onion into 5cm cubes.
- Deseed and dice the green pepper into 5cm pieces.
- Thread meat, onion, green pepper and mushroom on to soaked bamboo skewers. Brush each kebab with oil mixture then leave to marinate for 30 minutes.
- Barbecue on a preheated barbecue until beef is medium rare or as preferred. Serve immediately with Remoulade Sauce.
- REMOULADE SAUCE: Beat egg yolks until pale then start beating in the oil drop by drop. As the mixture thickens the oil can be added in a thin stream, but do not add too quickly or mixture will curdle.
- Stir in the lemon juice, capers, gherkins, mustard, tarragon and parsley.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.