Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
The Endzone, a sports bar near us, serves free food on Monday Nights during football season. This is my rendition of one of the meals she serves.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (10 ounce) cans condensed tomato soup
- 3 (10 ounce) cans water (use soup cans)
- 1⁄2 head cabbage, chopped
- 1 Polish sausage, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup long grain white rice
- 1⁄4 cup hot sauce (I like Frank's Red Hot)
- Brown beef, onions, salt and garlic together.
- Add rest of ingredients.
- Bring to boil then simmer on low for at least an hour, stirring occasionally.
- It's done when the sausage no longer floats to the top between stirrings.
- The longer this cooks, the better it is.