Recipe by litldarlin
This recipe is so easy and quick to prepare. I made it for dinner last night just for myself. I always make too much, but at least I'll have alot of left overs to bring to work for lunches.
- 1 lb sirloin steak, cut into strips
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) package taco cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into strips
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 (16 ounce) package whole wheat tortillas
- 1 (16 ounce) jar salsa, thick & chunky
- 2 cups lettuce, shredded
- 4 -6 tablespoons sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the sirloin steak in 2 tablespoons of oil in a large skillet on a medium-high heat for 5 about minutes.
- Add the Fajitas seasoning mix, green peppers, onions and stir in 1/3 cup water.
- Cook and stir for 5 minutes or until beef is cooked through and veggies are tender.
- Place tortillas in a separate frying pan with 1 tablespoons of oil so they won't stick.
- Fry tortillas on both sides on a low heat setting.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheese on the whole tortilla while it is still in the frying pan.
- Heat in frying pan until cheese starts to melt.
- Then add the meat & veggies to only 1/2 of the tortilla.
- Fold tortilla in half. Then cut into a pie shape.
- You should get 4 pieces with each tortilla.
- Then I place the shredded lettuce, cheese and sour cream on the plate next to the tortilla, to complete my meal.
- Serve and enjoy.