Marinated Grilled Beef Fajitas
With proper marination and quick cooking, these fajitas come out tender and delicious. Prep time incudes minimum marinading time.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 50mins
- 1 cup beer
- 6 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 lb flank steak
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 8 flour tortillas
- sour cream
- Combine beer, lime juice, cumin, chili powder, and cilantro.
- Add steak to the marinade, turning to coat.
- Cover and chill for at least 1 hour.
- Heat oil in a medium skillet.
- Add bell peppers and onion.
- Cook, stirring occasionaly until tender.
- Preheat grill.
- Remove steak from marinade and grill until med-rare to medium.
- Let rest for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Cut steak into thin strips across the grain.
- Serve with tortillas, onions and peppers, salsa, sour cream and guacamole.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Sorry for this so-so review, but I followed these directions exactly and we couldn't taste much of anything but the Coor's which gave a very funky almost spoiled flavor to the meat. I think I'll try it again and find a substitute for the beer. Thanks for giving me the idea to try a flank steak cut of meat.It was quite tender after being grilled.Reply
see 9 more