I found this yummy recipe on a weight watcher recipe website, and it is greatness! (I leave out the olives...just not my thing.) One serving (1/6 of potpie) is 9 points.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- cooking spray
- 3 1/2 cups diced baking potatoes (about 1-1/4 pounds)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 1/4 lbs ground sirloin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash black pepper
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup beer
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can beef consomme
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green pepper and onion, drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped pitted green olives
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 (10 5/8 ounce) box refrigerated garlic breadsticks
- 1Preheat oven to 350º.
- 2To prepare filling, heat a large Dutch oven coated with cooking spray over medium heat.
- 3Add potato and onion; cover and cook 7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 4Add beef and next 6 ingredients (beef through garlic); cook, uncovered, 7 minutes or until browned, stirring to crumble.
- 5Lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Add flour to pan; cook for 1 minute.
- 6Gradually add beer, consomme, and tomatoes; bring mixture to a boil.
- 7Remove from heat, and stir in olives and vinegar.
- 8Spoon mixture into an 11 x 7-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- 9Unroll both dough portions (do not separate dough into breadsticks); roll dough together, forming a 12 x 10-inch rectangle.
- 10Place dough on top of beef mixture, pressing to edge of dish.
- 11Cut 5 slits in top of crust to allow steam to escape.
- 12Gently brush 1 tablespoon garlic spread that is packaged with breadsticks over crust; reserve remaining spread for another use.
- 13Bake at 350º for 25 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly around the edges.
- 14Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef Empanada Pot Pie
Serving Size: 1 (366 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 351.6
- Calories from Fat 135
- Total Fat 15.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.8 g
- Cholesterol 63.3 mg
- Sodium 558.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 23.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
refrigerated garlic breadsticks