Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
from "Just Cook This" with Sam the Cooking Guy
Make and share this Beef Chow Mein With Black Bean Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb new york steak, trimmed of fat, sliced thinly
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 4 ripe medium sized tomatoes, cut into 8 wedges each
- 7 ounces package asian stir fry noodles (from the refrigerator section at the market, but don't use the sauce mix.)
- 2 tablespoons black bean sauce (also found in the Asian aisle of most supermarkets)
- Preheat a pan or wok on stovetop and heat really well over high heat, then add oil.
- When the oil is smoking (and not until) add beef and stir fry for a couple minutes until beef changes color and is cooked through. Remove and set aside.
- With the pan back on the heat and smoking again, add a teaspoon of oil and the tomatoes. Stir-fry about a minute.
- Add the beef, noodles and black bean sauce to the tomatoes. Stir the whole business until the flavor is through everything and all is heated.