Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This has a very interesting taste, it suited us just great.
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 lb sirloin steak, sliced
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 egg, hard-boiled,chopped
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 1⁄4 cup black olives, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup sweet pickle, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup mushroom, sliced
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄2 cup beef broth
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ketchup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon liquid hot pepper sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 7 ounces edam cheese, sliced
- In a skillet, cook chopped onions in butter over medium heat until golden.
- Add thinly sliced sirloin steak, chopped tomatoes, chopped red bell pepper, and sliced green bell pepper.
- Cook, stirring, over medium heat, until the vegetable are soft.
- Add chopped hard-boiled egg, raisins, sliced black olives, chopped sweet pickles, and sliced mushrooms.
- Cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add brandy, and for dramatic effect, ignite.
- Shake the skillet gently until the flames go out.
- Stir in flour and cook for 2 minutes, stirring.
- Stir in beef broth, chili powder, chili sauce, ketchup, liquid hot pepper sauce, salt, and pepper.
- Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
- Line the sides of a 9-inch baking dish with part of sliced edam cheese.
- Pour the beef mixture into the casserole; cover with the remaining edam cheese.
- Place in a large pan of water to 1" deep, and cover the baking dish.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 15 minutes.