Recipe by CathyQB
The cream cheese & sour cream really make this casserole irresistable! I use ground sirloin, light sour cream, and light cream cheese. It tastes just as good, but with less fat and calories.
Top Review by *Parsley*
My entire family raved over this. I made this as written, but mixed the cooked noodles with the cream cheese/sour cream mixture and then proceeded as directed. We all loved the creamy noodles topped with the sweet tomato-sauced beef. This one's a keeper; thanx!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 8 ounces uncooked egg noodles
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine ground beef and onion in a skillet.
- Brown beef over medium heat.
- Add salt and sugar.
- Drain well.
- Add tomato sauce.
- Cook noodles according to package directions.
- Combine cream cheese and sour cream in a small bowl.
- In a 2 quart dish, layer noodles, cream cheese mixture, and meat.
- Top with cheddar cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees until hot (about 30 minutes).