Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is one of our family favorites. I love it! The recipe comes from a book called "Rancho Viejo Junior's Recipe Round Up" and is credited to Marianne Richetts.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- pepper, to taste
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 (10 ounce) packagefrozen chopped broccoli florets, cooked and well-drained
- 2 (8 count) packages refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 4 ounces monterey jack cheese
- additional milk
- In skillet, brown ground beef and onions; drain off fat. Stir in flour, salt, garlic salt and pepper. Add milk and cream cheese; cook and stir till mixture is thickened and smooth. Add a moderate amount of hot mixture to beaten egg; return to mixture in skillet. Cook and stir over medium-heat for 1 to 2 minutes or until thick. Stir in the well-drained broccoli.
- Unroll one package of crescent rolls. On floured surface, lay dough down forming a 12 x 7-in rectangle. Seal edges and perforations together. Roll to a 12 inch square and fit into a 9 inch pie dish; trim the edges. Spoon meat mixture into shell.
- Cut monterey jack cheese in slices; arrange so that it covers the meat mixture. Roll second package of crescent rolls into 12 inch square as before. Place atop filling. Trim and seal edges with fork; cut slits for escape of steam. Brush top of pie with a little extra milk.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 40 minute If pastry browns too quickly, cover with foil for the last 20 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.