Recipe by Leslie in Texas
This is a very easy way to make brisket sandwiches-very flavorful! The leftover brisket(if there is any!) makes a wonderful filling for beef enchiladas too! Originally from a recipe from a Williams Sonoma catalog.Prep time does not include standing or refrigeration of beef.
- 1 (4 -5 lb) beef brisket
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup beef, rub of your choice (there are several excellent ones here on Zaar)
- 2 small yellow onions, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup beef stock or 1⁄2 cup broth
- 1⁄2 cup lager beer
- 10 sandwich buns, toasted
- barbecue sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Season brisket generously with salt and pepper and coat with beef rub.You may want to use less salt if the rub has salt in it.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let stand at room temperature 1 hour or in refrigerator overnight.I usually prepare it the night before.
- Put onions,garlic,stock, and beer in a slow cooker and add brisket,fat side up.
- Cover and cook on high for 8 hours.
- Transfer brisket to a carving board and cover loosely with aluminum foil.
- Let stand for 30 minutes.
- Slice brisket across the grain and fill rolls with meat.
- Top with barbeque sauce and enjoy!