Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs
I got this recipe from an app on my iphone. Note the picture has the rice under the beef biryani instead of in it. My husband likes it that way but it should be mixed in.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs sirloin beef (cut in 1 1/2-inch cubes)
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger, grated
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 onion
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 cup water
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1 cup green peas (fresh or frozen)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon saffron
- 2 tablespoons cilantro
- salt and pepper
- In a plastic bag, mix flour, salt and pepper. Add cubes of beef and shake until meat is well covered.
- Saute beef with oil in a large pan.
- Put meat in slow cooker.
- Saute sliced onion in the pan until slightly colored. Add crushed garlic and spices, and cook for 3 minutes.
- Put in slow cooker, add yogurt and water and mix well.
- Cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours.
- Add cooked rice, green peas and saffron. Cook for 30 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro and serve.