Recipe by Livelymommie
Revised an existing recipe to reduce oil and add peppers and water chestnuts.
- 1 lb lean beef, sirloin
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup sherry wine
- 1 cup onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup celery, sliced diagonally
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups red peppers
- 2 small garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup sliced water chestnuts
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 100 g rice noodles, cooked
Directions See How It's Made
- Toss beef in bowl with soy sauce and sherry. Cover and marinate for 30 minute.
- Prepare vegetables. Set aside.
- Heat oil in wok or wide frying pan over low heat. Add garlic and saute over high heat.
- Add drained beef (reserve marinade). Stir-fry until meat is cooked.
- Add onions, celery, broccoli, red peppers and waterchestnuts. Cover and steam about 5 minute.
- Mix marinade with cornstarch and pour into pan. heat to boiling. Cook for a few seconds until thickened.
- Turn into serving dish over rice noodles. Serve at once.