Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Very easy and tasty. Serve with a bowl of steamed rice.
Make and share this Beef and Sweet Potato Stir-Fry recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 lb stir-fry beef, strips
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups cubed peeled sweet potatoes
- 1 bell pepper, sliced (red or green)
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1⁄4 cup oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon rice or 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- In a wok or large skillet, heat 1 tbsp of the vegetable oil over high heat; stir-fry beef in 2-3 batches, until browned but still pink inside, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a plate. Drain fat from pan.
- Add remaining vegetable oil to pan; stir-fry sliced onion and minced garlic over medium heat until onion is softened.
- Stir in sweet potato, red or green pepper and 1/2 cup stock; cover and steam until potatoes are tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together the remaining 1/2 cup stock, oyster sauce, corn starch, vinegar and sesame oil. Return beef and any juices to pan. Add oyster sauce mixture and bring to a boil; boil, stirring until thickened and glossy. Sprinkle with green onions.