Recipe by pines506
I got this off of another website a while ago. Good Saturday night dinner. My daughter, who doesn't really like Mexican food, loves this.
Top Review by *kara*intn
Unfortunately, this wasn't a hit with us. Usually I think I can fix a recipe with just a little of this or that, but this one was just completely off the mark with us. The cooking time in the recipe was way too short (which I knew from reading the reviews). I went right by the recipe, and I ate mine in a bowl, and my husband and son rolled theirs into a burrito. My 19 month old twins did enjoy it, so they got the leftovers.
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 3⁄4 cup chopped onion, divided
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies, drained
- 1 (14 ounce) can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (16 ounce) package o'brien frozen potatoes, thawed
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can nacho cheese soup, undiluted
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Brown beef and 1/2 cup onion in skillet, drain fat.
- Stir in taco seasoning, water and tomato sauce.
- Bring to a boil and simmer 5 minutes.
- Spread meat mixture into a greased 9 x 13 pan. Top with chilies, kidney beans and potatoes.
- In mixing bowl, combine soup, milk, remaining onion, pepper, sugar and worcestershire sauce.
- Pour over potatoes.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Cover with foil and bake 15 minutes.
- Uncover and bake another 5-10 until lightly browned.
- Allow to stand 10 minutes before cutting into squares.