photo by *Parsley*
- Ready In:
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning mix (from a 1.25-oz envelope)
- 1⁄3 cup French dressing (sweet-spicy)
- 10 3⁄4 ounces Fiesta nacho cheese soup (condensed can)
- 14 1⁄2 ounces Mexican-style tomatoes, undrained
- 15 ounces pinto beans (canned, drained and rinsed)
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 cups tortilla chips (nacho flavored, coarsely crushed)
- 1 cup lettuce, shredded
- 3 1⁄4 ounces black olives (canned and drained) (optional)
- 2 green onions, diced
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a 10-inch nonstick skillet, cook ground beef over medium-high heat for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly cooked; drain. Stir in taco seasoning mix, dressing and soup. Spoon evenly into ungreased 8-inch square glass baking dish.
- Spread tomatoes and beans on top of beef mixture. Sprinkle cheese evenly over the top. Cut a 12x9 inch sheet of foil; spray with cooking spray. Cover dish with foil, sprayed side down.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Uncover dish; bake 8-10 minutes longer or until edges are bubbly. Top with with chips, lettuce, green onions and olives before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Great recipe and so easy to prepare! My DH had three helpings - which means if I could give it more stars I would! I followed the recipe exactly but next time I may add the nacho chips on the top during the last 10 minutes of baking just to warm up the chips. Thanks for sharing! I make this again and - I used black beans rather than the pinto beans.
We really enjoyed this. I made this exactly as written. I'm nor sure the French dressing is needed, since I couldn't detect any flavor from it. I think it would taste fine without it. I served this over lettuce and Doritos. The kids used Scoops tortilla chips to scoop up the casserole for a fun, kid-friendly meal. Thanx!
see 1 more reviews
I have NEVER eaten anything like this before, but we LOVED this! It was fabulous - we did eat this with all the salad, olives and onion bits and pieces........and of course the nacho chips! Absolutley 100% scrumptious! I could NOT get nacho cheese soup in France - so I made a nacho cheese dip with beer from Lazyme on Recipezaar, and it worked like a dream! I also had to use kidney beans instead of pinto beans - but everything else was as posted. Made for Aussie/NW Swap #16 - great recipe thanks! FT:-)
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I AM A MARRIED MOTHER OF 3. COOKING IS A PASSION OF MINE. FINE FOOD MARKETS AND GROCERY STORES ARE MY "HANG OUTS". I LOVE THE FACT THAT THERE IS NO END IN LEARNING. I ENJOY THE WHOLE PROCESS OF COOKING, FROM FINDING A NEW RECIPE, GROCERY SHOPPING, EXPERIMENTING -- RIGHT TO THE DINNER TABLE. MY FAMILY APPRECIATES THE EFFORT I PUT INTO MEALS WHICH IS A WONDERFUL REWARD. ~NO PICKY EATERS HERE~ MY CHILDREN'S MINDS ARE OPEN TO ALL TYPES OF FOOD (WHEN IN MEXICO MY YOUNGEST SON ORDERED QUAIL AT A RESTAURANT AND LOVED IT). <img src="http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c105/jewelies/Grevillia1.jpg">recipe swap 2008 <img src="http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c105/jewelies/babygrey-1.jpg"> <img src="http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c105/jewelies/Cooking-Kangaroo-2.jpg"> <img src="http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c105/jewelies/Hebe-1.jpg"> Recipe Swap September 2008 <img src="http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c105/jewelies/GoldenWattle-1-1.jpg"> Recipe Swap October 2008 <img src="http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c105/jewelies/boronia-1-1.jpg"> Recipe Swap November 2008 <img src="http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c105/jewelies/2cockatoos-1.jpg"> Recipe Swap December '08 <img src="http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c105/jewelies/pic53mWVE-1.jpg"> Recipe Swap January '09 <img src="http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c105/jewelies/pichy1L7z-1.jpg"> Recipe Swap February '09 <img src="http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c105/jewelies/pic5BTaSK-1.jpg"> Recipe Swap March '09 <img src="http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c105/jewelies/pickxwB1q-1.jpg"> Recipe Swap April '09 <img src="http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c105/jewelies/picx2XGjA-1.jpg"> Recipe Swap May '09 <img src="http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c105/jewelies/picwJT0Wr-1.jpg"> Recipe Swap June '09 AND July '09 <img src="http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c105/jewelies/picbzMWsf-1.jpg"> Recipe Swap August '09 href="http://www.amazingcounter.com"> <img border="0" src="http://cb.amazingcounters.com/counter.php?i=2319896&c=6960001" alt="Web Page Counter"></a> <img style="visibility:hidden;width:0px;height:0px;" border=0 width=0 height=0 src="http://counters.gigya.com/wildfire/IMP/CXNID=2000002.0NXC/bT*xJmx*PTEyMzc5MTY4MjkyNTkmcHQ9MTIzNzkxNzAxNTY3NyZwPTMyMzAwMiZkPW1hcGxvY28mZz*xJnQ9Jm89ZTM*OTQ2YjBkZDAwNDY*ZTg2YzM5MTIzY2E4ZjI5MjY=.gif" /><a href="http://www.maploco.com/view.php?id=3288995"><img border=0 src="http://www.maploco.com/vmap/3288995.png" alt="Visitor Map"></a><a href="http://www.maploco.com/">Create your own visitor map!</a>