- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 lb ground pork
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sage
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 cup chopped portabella mushroom (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix meats.
- Mix spices, bread crumbs, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper together.
- Lightly beat eggs with water.
- Chop up mushrooms.
- Combine all the above, shape into a loaf, cover lightly with foil, and bake at 350°F for about one hour, removing the foil after 30 minutes.