Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
When you are in the mood for soup but don't want to cook all day, try this one. It calls for lean beef cubes, carrots, celery,onions and a hint of tomato. Serve it with orzo pasta and topped with grated Italian cheese-very heart warming.
- 680.38 g round steaks, cut into small cubes
- 473.18 ml thickly chopped carrots
- 236.59 ml diced celery, leaves included
- 1 large onion, cut into small wedges
- 3784.0 ml water
- beef bouillon
- 29.58 ml tomato paste
- salt and pepper
- 226.79 g small shell pasta (such as orzo or acini di pepe)
- grated Italian cheese (such as parmesan, romano or asiago)
- Fill soup pot with water and place beef cubes in the pot.
- Heat on high until it comes to a boil, skim off scum that rises to the top, then lower heat to medium high, for about 45 minutes to an hour.
- Add beef bullion to taste, then all vegetables and tomato paste.
- Boil on medium, covered for an additional 30 minutes,or until veggies are tender.
- When veggies are tender, add salt and pepper to taste.
- In a separate saucepan, cook up small soup pasta until done.
- Drain,rinse and put back in small saucepan, to which you have added about a cup of the liquid from the soup pot.
- When you are ready to serve the soup in individual bowls, spoon in some pasta, ladle in the soup, then top with a generous amount of fresh or shredded sharp Italian cheese.
Just the kind of thing I like. So easy to throw together and I usually have most of the ingredients in the house. I used a can of diced tomoatoes instead of the tomato paste and some of the water. More or less followed the recipe otherwise. Yum. Thanks for sharing. :)