Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 30 mins
When you are in the mood for soup but don't want to cook all day, try this one. It calls for lean beef cubes, carrots, celery,onions and a hint of tomato. Serve it with orzo pasta and topped with grated Italian cheese-very heart warming.
- 680.38 g round steaks, cut into small cubes
- 473.18 ml thickly chopped carrots
- 236.59 ml diced celery, leaves included
- 1 large onion, cut into small wedges
- 3784.0 ml water
- beef bouillon
- 29.58 ml tomato paste
- salt and pepper
- 226.79 g small shell pasta (such as orzo or acini di pepe)
- grated Italian cheese (such as parmesan, romano or asiago)
- Fill soup pot with water and place beef cubes in the pot.
- Heat on high until it comes to a boil, skim off scum that rises to the top, then lower heat to medium high, for about 45 minutes to an hour.
- Add beef bullion to taste, then all vegetables and tomato paste.
- Boil on medium, covered for an additional 30 minutes,or until veggies are tender.
- When veggies are tender, add salt and pepper to taste.
- In a separate saucepan, cook up small soup pasta until done.
- Drain,rinse and put back in small saucepan, to which you have added about a cup of the liquid from the soup pot.
- When you are ready to serve the soup in individual bowls, spoon in some pasta, ladle in the soup, then top with a generous amount of fresh or shredded sharp Italian cheese.