Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Love this recipe. Works best if you cut all veggies before starting. I like to use about 4 cups veggies for this.
- 1 lb beef sirloin steak
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 cups broccoli, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, very thinly sliced on diagonal
- 2 tablespoons onions, chunked (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup bok choy, sliced (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup yellow bell pepper, cut bite size
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper, taste test maybe more
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic, minced (or more)
- 1 teaspoon gingerroot, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1⁄4 cup water chestnut, sliced
- soy sauce, to taste
- rice, cooked
- Trim fat from beef steak; cut beef lengthwise into 2 inch strips, and each strip cut crosswise into 1/8 inch slices.
- In cup, mix cornstarch, sesame oil and broth, set aside.
- Heat 12 inch skillet or wok until very hot.
- Add vegetable oil; rotate skillet to coat bottom.
- Add beef; stir fry 2 minutes or until beef is brown.
- Remove beef from skillet.
- Keep skillet hot.
- Add broccoli, carrots, onion, and bok choy and saute for 3 minutes, add yellow pepper, and saute for 1 more minute.
- Add pepper, garlic, ginger, and fish sauce; stir fry 30 seconds.
- Add water chestnuts; stir fry 1 minute.
- Stir in beef.
- Stir in cornstarch mixture; cook and stir 15 seconds or until thickened.
- Taste test for soy sauce.
- Serve over rice.
We love this recipe!
It is so easy to follow and the flavor is well balenced. And may I say I got a great enjoyment of making this dish.
This is one of those stir frys you can enjoy the meat and vegi's with out the heavy suace.
One work describes it: YUM. I made this last evening for Culinary Quest 2014 and loved each bite. Very quick to put together and a real pleasure to munch. It was perfect with white steamed rice. :D