1/2 Photos of Beef and Bean Braid
The filling is delicious in this treat. Recipe is from Taste of Home. Prep time does not include rising time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package active dry yeast
- 3/4 cup warm water (110-115 degrees F)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1In large mixing bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water.
- 2Add butter, sugar, salt, egg and 1 1/2 cups flour; beat until smooth.
- 3Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- 4Turn onto floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes.
- 5Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top.
- 6Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- 7Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and garlic salt over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- 8Stir in the beans, water and seasonings; bring to a boil.
- 9Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-10 minutes or until thickened.
- 10Punch dough down.
- 11Turn onto a lightly floured surface; roll into a 16-inch by 11-inch rectangle.
- 12Transfer to a greased 15-inch by 10-inch baking sheet.
- 13Spread beef mixture down center of dough; sprinkle with cheese.
- 14On each long side, cut 1-inch wide strips about 1/2 inch from filling.
- 15Starting at one end, fold alternating strips at an angle across filling; seal ends.
- 16Cover and let rise until doubled, 30 minutes.
- 17Brush egg over dough.
- 18Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- 19Remove to wire rack; let stand 5 minutes before slicing.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef and Bean Braid
Serving Size: 1 (243 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 546.7
- Calories from Fat 214
- Total Fat 23.8 g
- Saturated Fat 12.1 g
- Cholesterol 159.4 mg
- Sodium 722.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 33.4 g