Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
A delicious meaty soup with lots of flavor. This is a dinner chowder - it's great with oven toasted buttered french bread. Wonderful for fall and winter evenings and it is even better reheated!
- 1 1⁄2-2 lbs ground beef
- 1 lb turkey bacon
- 2 (10 ounce) cans French onion soup
- 3 (10 ounce) cans cream of potato soup
- 4 cups hot milk (a few minutes in the microwave will do)
- Lawry's Seasoned Salt
- onion powder
- instant minced onion
- Start cooking the bacon (skillet).
- Brown the ground beef in another skillet with the seasonings.
- Use a spatula to break the meat into small pieces as it browns.
- After the beef is fully cooked, drain the meat leaving it in the skillet.
- Add one full can of French Onion, then drain part of the broth from the second can emptying the remaining broth and the onions into the skillet with the beef.
- Simmer on med-low until ready to combine it.
- Once the bacon is fully cooked (not over cooked though), set it aside to drain and cool enough to handle.
- In a kettle, combine the 3 cans of Cream of Potato and the 4 cups hot milk over med to med-high heat.
- Pour the contents of the beef skillet into the kettle.
- Cut the bacon into small bite-sized pieces and add them to the kettle as well.