Recipe by alijen
Low carb dinner. Because quite a lot of the carbs in artichokes are in the form of inulin, a very low impact carb, this is even better for your blood sugar than one would think. And very tasty!
- 8 slices bacon
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless beef roast (sirloin is what I used)
- 1⁄2 medium onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Splenda sugar substitute
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper, more to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic, more to taste
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, quartered
Directions See How It's Made
- Lay bacon on microwave rack and microwave on high 8 minutes, or until crispy.
- Slice beef very thinly while bacon is cooking, then cut across the strips to make smaller (2-3 inches long) peices.
- Heat oil in large skillet over high heat.
- Start to stir-fry the beef with the onion.
- When pink is gone from the beef, add the winegar, Splenda, pepper, garlic, and artichoke hearts- let it all simmer for 5 more minutes.
- Crumble bacon over each portion before serving.