Top Review by JackieOhNo!
This could not have been simpler to make and was quite delicious. I used hot Italian sausages, because I like a little spice, and baby spinach. Other than that, I followed the recipe as posted. Rather than using a blender or food processor, I used my immersion blender, which made the process even that much more easier. This is a guilt-free soup that is very satisfying. Thanks for sharing.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 Italian sausages, casings removed
- 1 carrot, finely diced
- 1 stalk celery, finely diced
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 cups chicken broth (1.5 L)
- 1 (28 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 4 cups spinach, Coarsely torn, tough, stems discarded
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat olive oil, sausage, carrot, celery, onion and garlic in a large
- frying pan over medium heat. Stir frequently to break up sausage meat, and cook until meat is no longer pink.
- Add chicken broth and chickpeas; cover and cook for 10 minutes to blend flavors.
- Remove 4 cups soup and puree in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- Return to saucepan, stirring to blend.
- Add spinach and cayenne. Simmer 5 minutes, or until spinach is soft.