1/2 Photos of Bean & Turkey Skillet
This is a very tasty recipe. It is quick & easy to make, add a side salad - there's dinner Make itspicier if you wish by just increasing the chili and one more Jalapeno. Sub ground Chicken if you wish This is nice on it's own, with pasta or rice. You can even serve it on a bun like a Sloppy Joe
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Italian stewed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 1 (14 ounce) can kidney beans, drained & rinsed
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 3 teaspoons dry garlic flakes or 2 chopped garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 finely chopped jalapeno
- salt & pepper
- 1Spray a large skillet with Pam or other oil.
- 2Over medium heat brown the onions.
- 3Add ground turkey and continue to cook until it is cooked through (apprx 10 min).
- 4Add the tomatoes, pizza sauce, kidney beans, garlic & chili powder.
- 5Simmer for 5 minutes or until heated through.
- 6Add peppers (Green & Jalapeno).
- 7Simmer for another 5 minutes.
- 8Taste and season with salt & Pepper.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bean & Turkey Skillet
Serving Size: 1 (390 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 317.5
- Calories from Fat 100
- Total Fat 11.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 89.6 mg
- Sodium 792.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.5 g
- Sugars 10.6 g
- Protein 27.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: