Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Easy and fast to put together. It is really surprising with so few ingredients that this tastes so great! Posted in response to a request
- 2 (850.48 g) can black beans or 2 (850.48 g) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 354.88 ml vegetable broth
- 236.59 ml chunky salsa
- 4.92 ml ground cumin
- 59.16 ml sour cream
- 29.58 ml green onions, thinly sliced
- Put the beans, broth, salsa and cumin in a saucepan over a medium heat and heat through.
- Use a hand mixer to blend until fairly smooth.
- To serve, ladle soup into 4 individual bowls and top each bowl with 1 tablespoon of the sour cream, and 1/2 teaspoon green onion.
I eat this without blending and I love it :) The sour cream makes a huge difference!
Delicious and a snap to make! I will say, though, that this recipe rides on the quality of the salsa that you use. I used fresh organic salsa (from the produce dept) that had fresh tomatoes, peppers, onions and cilantro in it. I don't think the soup would have been as good with jarred salsa. I blended this, but left a bit of chunkiness. Loved the sour cream and scallion garnishes. Thanx for sharing!
My husband and I loved it! I made it exactly as you recommended it, we have added this wonderful recipe to our cook book at home. Thanks!!!