Recipe by LizAnn
This was our dinner the other night. A personal concoction that my kids loved and told me I should post it on Zaar. So here it is! MMM...
Top Review by Stella W.
This was super good! My husband hasn't had a meatless dinner in....probably ever. He loved these! I had to tone down the spice because we don't handle spicy food well. Really easy and really, really tasty.
- 2 cups cooked brown rice (left over)
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, undrained
- 1 cup picante salsa (I used Pace)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 -4 chopped garlic cloves
- 3 -4 fresh jalapeno peppers, chopped (use gloves)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 20 corn tortillas
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, sautè the veggies in 2-3 Tbs of cooking oil. I used grapeseed oil.
- Add remaining ingredients except for the tortillas. Bring to boil and reduce heat to simmer. Simmer uncovered for 20 minutes or until no longer runny.
- Meanwhile fry your tortillas in oil until soft. Fold and lightly sprinkle with salt.
- Place about 1/4 cup of bean mixture and top with your choice of toppings: shredded cabbage, cheese, avocado, cilantro, sour cream, etc.