Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This was our dinner the other night. A personal concoction that my kids loved and told me I should post it on Zaar. So here it is! MMM...
- 2 cups cooked brown rice (left over)
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, undrained
- 1 cup picante salsa (I used Pace)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 -4 chopped garlic cloves
- 3 -4 fresh jalapeno peppers, chopped (use gloves)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 20 corn tortillas
- In a large skillet, sautè the veggies in 2-3 Tbs of cooking oil. I used grapeseed oil.
- Add remaining ingredients except for the tortillas. Bring to boil and reduce heat to simmer. Simmer uncovered for 20 minutes or until no longer runny.
- Meanwhile fry your tortillas in oil until soft. Fold and lightly sprinkle with salt.
- Place about 1/4 cup of bean mixture and top with your choice of toppings: shredded cabbage, cheese, avocado, cilantro, sour cream, etc.
These are super Yummy and healthy too! You will not miss the meat.
Very good taco's, didnt miss meat at all! Instead of black beans I used pinto beans and only 1/2 of a jalapeno pepper. Not only vegetarians would enjoy these tacos. We topped with a bit of sour cream and salsa, served with Jenniferk2's Championship Bean Dip. Will be making these again!
Super good and healthy too! Simple, but delicious...Good job!