1/2 Photos of Bean and Bacon Soup
Wonderful weeknight supper from my favorite cooking magazine Cooking Light.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon dark molasses
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 (15 ounce) cans cannellini beans or 2 (15 ounce) cans other white beans, drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes with onion and garlic, undrained
- 1Cook bacon in a large saucepan over medium-high heat until crisp.
- 2Remove from pan, reserving 2 teaspoons dripping in pan.
- 3Add onions, chili powder, and mustard to drippings in pan, saute 3 minutes.
- 4Stir in bacon, water, and remaining ingredients, and bring to a boil.
- 5Reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes.
- 6Partially mash the beans with a potato masher.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bean and Bacon Soup
Serving Size: 1 (359 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 413.6
- Calories from Fat 81
- Total Fat 9.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 11.5 mg
- Sodium 179.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.7 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 23.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
tomatoes with onion and garlic