- 3 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon dark molasses
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 (15 ounce) cans cannellini beans or 2 (15 ounce) cansother white beans, drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) candiced tomatoes with onion and garlic, undrained
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook bacon in a large saucepan over medium-high heat until crisp.
- Remove from pan, reserving 2 teaspoons dripping in pan.
- Add onions, chili powder, and mustard to drippings in pan, saute 3 minutes.
- Stir in bacon, water, and remaining ingredients, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes.
- Partially mash the beans with a potato masher.