Recipe by southern chef in louisiana
This is from a copycat recipe I found.
Top Review by Amberngriffinco
Too sweet for my taste, however, DH and DS are RAVING OVER IT RIGHT NOW! Made brown and white rice with tiny diced veggies in it and made a frozen veg mix.. I DID use only 3 Tbsp butter and 1/4 cup sugar AND, I did thicken it up a bit with a cornstarch slurry. THANKS.. good repeat dish!
- 6 boneless chicken breasts
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups pineapple juice
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon of fresh grated ginger
- 2 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup cooking sherry
Fresh Pineapple Topping
- 2 cups fresh pineapple chunks
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar