4 hrs 30 mins
My best dressing for Christmas and Thanksgiving
My Private Note
kinds o ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1one to two days before, cut bread into 1/2 inch cubes and put into large bowl.
- 2Saute onions, and celery in turkey fat over medium heat until translucent.
- 3Add herbs, salt, and pepper to bread and toss.
- 4Saute liver (in separate pan) lightly, until slightly firm*.
- 5Add onions and celery to bowl and toss again.
- 6Sprinkle in water until moist, but not wet.
- 7Set aside 1 cup of dressing.
- 8Cut liver into small bits and add to the 1 cup of dressing*.
- 9Use the main dressing for the main cavity of the bird, put what does not fit into a casserole to cook for all the dressing lovers.
- 10Put the liver dressing into the neck cavity of the bird, and fold skin under securing with a skewer. In our house we call this "The Neck Dressing", and we all know what that means -- we are all as passionate about that as we are about the rutabagas, some love it, some hate it.*.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for BB's House Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (115 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 253.4
- Calories from Fat 32
- Total Fat 3.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 21.1 mg
- Sodium 545.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 9.8 g