Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Very easy and healthy twist to meatloaf. It is very versitale you can add more seasonings or veggies like green bell pepper for your tastes.
- 1 lb ground turkey, 97% lean
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 0.5 (1 ounce) envelope onion soup mix, dry
- 1⁄4 cup water
- barbecue sauce, for top
- Preheat oven 350.
- Mix all ingedients together until well blended.
- Place mixture into a loaf pan lined with foil and sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- Spread a layer of BBQ sauce ontop of loaf.
- Bake at 350 for 45 mins or until done.
This was easy to make, and low-fat with the turkey, but I found it to be a tad salty (and I used a homemade onion soup mix that doesn't include bouillon). I think my BBQ sauce has a lot more salt than the regular tomato sauce I usually use, so I would also leave out the Worcestershire next time, or use half the BBQ sauce diluted with water. I also left out the water called for, because my mixture seemed wet enough without. This WAS very moist for being all turkey ( I usually use half turkey-half ground beef because I find all turkey usually to be too dry.) Made for Spring 2011 PAC game.