Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
ï»¿Every once in a while I can't find my cookbook so I search the web for this favorite. Most have errors. Some list butter which when used made the dish taste like glue. You need the oil in the maragine! Taken from Jeff's book
- 3 bacon, slices fried until clear chopped (I don't drain and the receipe is silient)
- 1⁄2 lb margarine (I replace one stick with a 1/2 cup of water added with the shrimp and it comes out fine)
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder (pure found in Indian markets but the ususal blend is fine)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons rex crab boil (I use "Old bay" crab boil found in front of the fish counter)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce (I add 1 tsp)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs shrimp, with shell (I use sized 31-40 per pound sized and peel them)
- In small fry pan, cook 3 slices of bacon until clear, chop (I don't drain and the receipe is silient).
- Add all other ingrediences except Shrimp to fry pan and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Place shrimp in an open baking dish and pour over the sauce, stir to coat.
- Bake uncovered for 20 minutes stirring twice (the small shrimp take only 15 minutes).
- While baking the shrimp I make some white rice. and serve it over a mound of rice! easy company dishï»¿.