Prep 8 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Love this recipe. Real comfort food and great for entertaining. I serve it with baked potatoes or butterd noodles on the side.
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 -5 lbs cross-rib roasts
- 1 (455 ml) bottle chili sauce
- 1 (10 ounce) can beef bouillon
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- Heat oil in a large heavy-bottomed pan. Add roast and cookover medium high heat until richly colored on all sides (about 7 minutes).
- Combine remaining ingredients in bowl and stir until blended.
- When meat is browned, pour sauce into pan on and around roast. Cover tightly and simmer for 2 1/2hrs. or until meat is tender. Turn meat several times during cooking.
- Serve with sauce spooned over meat slices. Or servce slices of meat in crusty rolls along with a bowl of sauce for dipping.