Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a tasty Chicken dish that you can either BBQ or oven grill. Serve it with rice, aspargus and another of your favorite veggies. BBQ'd new Potatoes with bit of dill & butter go well too. Use your own choices. You can also cut it into bite size pieces, marinate and then skewer the pieces - the flavor really infuses the chicken
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1⁄2 cup mustard
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup lite olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 garlic cloves, minced (or more)
- 1 tablespoon crushed dried oregano
- Combine the mustard,vinegar, lemonjuice, oil, honey and garlic.
- Take a 1/3 of a cup of this marinade and refrigerate to use as sauce later.
- Place Chicken in a shallow dish or a sealable plastic bag and pour remaining marinade over the Chicken.
- Refrigerate for 6 hrs (if the Chicken is in a shallow dish cover) turning or shaking occasionally.
- Drain the Chicken and grill over hot BBQ for 15-18 Min or until done, or you may grill in your oven.
- Serve with the reserved Mustard Sauce.
This was a terrific merinade, and would probably be great on pork loin as well.
The "secret" to this recipe, I believe, is saving some of the marinade for a sauce after the chicken is cooked. Have done this twice and all who have had it enjoyed it.
This was fantastic!! We only had time to marinate the chicken for 30 minutes...but it was still great! We saved extra marinade and served with the meal. My 14 year old made this chicken for dinner! All 6 of us gave this 5 stars!