Ready, Set, Cook! Hidden Valley Contest Entry. Party size savory cup cakes perfect for an adult or child themed party. Ooey Gooey macaroni cheese with pulled BBQ spiked cheicken, topped with golden buttery cornbread crumbs. I usually purchase a roast chicken from the deli area at out grocery store, remove the skin and bones and pull the cooked meat, perfect do ahead dish for our parties.
My Private Note
12 cupc ...
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces cavatelli
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons shallots, minced
- 2 teaspoons garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups monterey jack and cheddar cheese blend, shredded
- 2 cups roasted deli chicken, pulled
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce, bottled
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 2 cups cornbread, stale, coarsely crubled
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons chives, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 cup Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Dressing
- 2 bunches green onions
- 11. Place the cavatelli pasta into a large pot of boiling water, follow the cooking directions on the package, and cook for 6-8 minutes. Drain the pasta into a colander, cool using cold water, drain well.
- 22. In a sauce pot heat the olive oil using medium heat; to the pot add the shallots, garlic and green onions, saute until the vegetables are fragrant approximately 30 seconds.
- 33. To the pot add the milk, mustard and cornstarch; stirring witha whisk over low heat until the cornstarch has just dissolved and the milk has become warm to the touch.
- 44. Add to the sauce the seasonings, worstershire sauce, and cheddar & Monterey jack cheeses stirring with a whisk, cook until the sauce has thickened and is smooth, approximately 4-5 minutes.
- 55. In a seperate bowl toss the pulled chicken with the BBQ sauce,mixing until the chicken is just coated with sauce.
- 66. In a large mixing bowl combine the cooked pasta, cheddar cheese sauce and pulled BBQ chicken, taking care not to over mix.
- 77. Heavily spray the bottom and sides of a 12 cup muffin pan with nonstick vegetable cooking oil, mix the bread crumbs with the parmesan cheese, and fill each muffin cup with a small quantity of the bread crumb and parmesan mixture, tilt the pan to allow the crumbs to evenly coat the bottom and sides of each muffin cup.
- 88. In a seperate bowl gently toss the cornbread crumbs, melted butter, chives and lemon zest.
- 99. Fill each muffin cup with the macaroni and cheese; tap the muffin pan to even the mixture, spoon 1 tablespoon of the cornbread crumbs over the top of each macaroni and cheese cup cake.
- 1010. Bake in a 350 degree oven for approximately 20 minutes or until the cornbread crumbs are lightly browned, and the macaroni and cheese cup cakes are heated. Remove the muffin pan from the oven to cool for about 10 minutes.
- 1111. To serve run a rubber spatula around the sides of each cup cake to loosen. Place the cup cakes on a decorative serving platter. Pour the Hidden Valley Original Ranch Dressing into a squirt bottle; attractively drizzle the dressing over the top of each macaroni and cheese cup cake. Garnish the platter with sprigs of green onions.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for BBQ Chicken Macaroni & Cheese Cornbread Crumb Cupcakes #RSC
Serving Size: 1 (496 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1356.5
- Calories from Fat 838
- Total Fat 93.2 g
- Saturated Fat 36.6 g
- Cholesterol 207.7 mg
- Sodium 2317.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 82.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 14.1 g
- Protein 48.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: