Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
A classic French dish gets a modern update with the help of your barbecue and a splash of Heinz Chili Sauce. Although this recipe is simple enough to make any weeknight, it is also impressive enough to serve to guests.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup Heinz Chili Sauce
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 4 slices gruyere cheese
- 4 slices ham
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon heinz cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Cut a pocket in the side of each chicken breast. Season inside and out with salt and pepper. Blend chili sauce with onions and brush half inside of each pocket.
- Fill pockets with equal amounts of ham and cheese. Stitch pockets tightly closed using toothpicks. Preheat grill to medium high and grease lightly.
- Stir butter with olive oil, cider vinegar, honey and thyme. Brush chicken all over with some of this mixture. Set the chicken on the grill and reduce the heat to medium. Set the chicken on the grill and reduce the heat to medium. Grill the chicken, covered, for 8 to 10 minutes. Turn and brush with remaining glaze. Grill, covered, for 8 to 10 minutes longer or until cooked through.