Recipe by bluemoon downunder
Sounds yummy! I haven't made this yet but when I do, I'll certainly be using home made chicken stock rather than water in the zucchini sauce. It makes sense that it's going to be more flavoursome; and I'll probably using slightly less than the 300ml specified (300ml = approximately 11/4 cups) so that I can add a little white wine, or champagne. Adapted from Neil Perry's recipe from Fresh And Fast, which I found on the Lifestyle Food Channel website.
Top Review by sarah f.
I can't get over how easy it was to make, how quickly everything came together, and how DELICIOUS it was! The zucchini sauce was a huge hit! I am going to try to make this into a soup for the winter months, thank you for sharing!!
- 2 chicken breast fillets, skinless
- 3 large zucchini, sliced 1/2cm thick
- 4 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 300 ml water (homemade chicken stock preferred, see also the suggestion for adding wine in the description above) or 300 ml chicken stock (homemade chicken stock preferred, see also the suggestion for adding wine in the description above)
- 50 g softened butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the extra virgin olive oil in a large (preferably non-stick) pan.
- Add the garlic and sea salt and sauté for a couple of minutes, until the garlic has softened.
- Add the zucchini and a little more salt and continue sautéing, stirring continuously.
- Add the water or stock (or stock and wine)and allow the contents of the pan to simmer for 2 or 3 minutes, until the zucchini is well softened.
- Remove half the zucchini from the pan and blend it roughly with the butter. Return this to the pan and add pepper, salt and a dash more olive oil.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle the chicken breasts well with salt and extra virgin olive oil and chargrill them for a couple of minutes on each each side to produce a criss-cross effect. Add another dash of salt to the chicken breasts when you turn them. This melts into the meat as it rests. Rest the chicken breasts for 2 minutes.
- Spoon the zucchini sauce onto the two plates and serve the chicken over the top with a dash of extra virgin olive oil and a sprinkling of freshly ground black pepper.