Recipe by Derf
Absolutely sumptuous!!! Bake along with the veggies and meats. (or try it in the oven) from Canadian Living mag.
Top Review by MizzNezz
This is a very nice way to prepare pineapple, (my favorite fruit). I did this in the oven, added a T of brown sugar to the maple syrup to get a little thicker sauce. I then served it with scoops of french vanilla ice cream. Very good! Thanks for a great recipe!
- 1 fresh pineapple
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons rum (optional)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- whipped cream or ice cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut off crown from pineapple and discard.
- Without peeling, cut pineapple lengthwise into 6 wedges.
- Remove core from each piece.
- With serrated knife, loosen pineapple from outer rind, cut fruit almost through crosswise into wedges but do not remove rind.
- Place each wedge on 12 inch square double sheet of foil.
- Drizzle with maple syrup, sprinkle with rum (if using) and dot with butter.
- Fold up foil, sealing loosely to leave room for steam.
- Cover and bake on grill over medium hot coals or on medium setting for 30 to 40 minutes or until very hot and bubbly.
- Serve hot, topped with whipped cream or ice cream.