Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Absolutely sumptuous!!! Bake along with the veggies and meats. (or try it in the oven) from Canadian Living mag.
- 1 fresh pineapple
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons rum (optional)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- whipped cream or ice cream
- Cut off crown from pineapple and discard.
- Without peeling, cut pineapple lengthwise into 6 wedges.
- Remove core from each piece.
- With serrated knife, loosen pineapple from outer rind, cut fruit almost through crosswise into wedges but do not remove rind.
- Place each wedge on 12 inch square double sheet of foil.
- Drizzle with maple syrup, sprinkle with rum (if using) and dot with butter.
- Fold up foil, sealing loosely to leave room for steam.
- Cover and bake on grill over medium hot coals or on medium setting for 30 to 40 minutes or until very hot and bubbly.
- Serve hot, topped with whipped cream or ice cream.
This is a very nice way to prepare pineapple, (my favorite fruit). I did this in the oven, added a T of brown sugar to the maple syrup to get a little thicker sauce. I then served it with scoops of french vanilla ice cream. Very good! Thanks for a great recipe!
Our family loved this! We've made it several times and look forward to making it again. We didn't add the rum, but we still loved it. Thanks for the great recipe.
This pineapple was delicious! Served it with vanilla ice cream. They juice from the pineapple made a great tasting syrup on the ice cream. It taste great and I don't think you really need the ice cream. My granddaughters really liked it too. Thanks Derf. Bullwinkle. Update review: I didn't use the rum .