Leftover BBQ Pulled Pork (Or Shredded Chicken) Pizza W/Pineapple
photo by Swirling F.
- Ready In:
- Form dough into a ball, then roll into approximately a 13 inch long oval and place on a cookie sheet sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let rise for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Remove the plastic wrap and spread the BBQ sauce onto the dough, leaving approximately a 1/2 inch edge around the dough without sauce.
- Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese over the sauce, covering evenly.
- Top the cheese with the BBQ pork or chicken and pineapple.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown.
- Let cool for 5 minutes, cut with pizza cutter, top with pizza peppers (optional) and enjoy.
I made Recipe #116173 in the crock pot yesterday and wanted to try something different than just standard leftovers. I also had a fresh pineapple that I had just cut up this morning. While I'm not entirely a fan of meat & fruit together, I thought I'd try this recipe. I made my own thin crust with Recipe #70165 (excellent thin crust, btw). I think I would like it much better (personally) without the pineapple, but that's just my preference/taste. This was an excellent recipe, good use of leftovers and a wonderful change from the standard leftovers and/or pizza. Thanks for sharing.