BBQ Bacon Cheddar Meatloaf Cupcake & Mashed Potato Frosting
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook bacon until crisp. Remove from pan and place on a paper towel. Allow to cool. Crumble into pieces.
- Add chopped onion to the reserved bacon drippings and sauté 3-4 minutes. Cool.
- Add turkey, breadcrumbs, cheddar cheese, BBQ sauce, eggs, sautéed onions & crumbled bacon to a bowl and mix until combined.
- Spoon the meat mixture into 12 muffin cups coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until cooked through. Let stand for 5 minutes before removing.
- While the meatloaf is cooking, make the mashed potatoes. Place potatoes in a pan; cover with water. Add pinch of salt, Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes or until tender. Drain. Put potatoes into a ricer for best results. Return potato to pan. Add heavy whipping cream and remaining ingredients; stir with a spoon to desired consistency. If they are not creamy enough for you, add up to 1/4 cup more cream or milk – although they need to be stiff enough to pipe on top.
- Put the potatoes into a pastry bag with a wide star tip and pipe the mashed potatoes on top of the meatloaf.