Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
A party favorite! :)
- 1⁄4 cup instant minced onion
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 (6 ounce) cans crabmeat or 2 (7 ounce) cans tuna, drained,flaked
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pinch ground red pepper
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- Mix onion and water in medium bowl; let stand 10 minutes to rehydrate.
- Add crab meat, eggs, bread crumbs, parsley, mustard, black and red peppers to onions; mix well.
- Shape into 1 inch balls, about 4 dozen.
- Heat 2 inches of oil in pan to 375*; fry a few balls at a time until golden,About 1 minute.
- Remove with slotted spoon; drain on paper towels.
- Serve at once, or keep warm in single layer in shallow baking pan, covered with foil, in preheated 250* oven up to 30 minutes.