Top Review by Royblepopz
Bayou & pasta... two words I originally though wouldn't mix too well... well this dish was a simple combination of complimentary flavours which warrants a high rating due to its' technical simplicity and quick cooking time. Though perhaps lacking the depth of a 5 star meal in regards to spice combination and overall social presentation it is certainly a strong, impactful simple dish designed for anyone that doesn't have time for a more ornate spicy pasta course. A strong rating for a strong contender. I tip my hat to the inventer of Bayou Chicken Pasta.
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped yellow bell pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 (16 ounce) jar salsa
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot sauce
- hot cooked pasta
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan, saute onion, celery, peppers in oil, over medium-high heat, for 3-4 minutes.
- Add chicken and garlic; saute until chicken juices run clear, about 4-5 minutes.
- Stir in salsa.
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and water; add to chicken mixture and stir well.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir frequently until mixture is thickened and bubbly, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the parsley, salt, hot sauce, and pepper; mix well.
- Serve over noodles.