Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Easy recipe for a flavorful chicken recipe dish.
- 4 frozen boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cajun seasoning (or Creole seasoning)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain rice
- 16 ounces frozen black-eyed peas
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cansrecipe-ready cajun-style stewed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Lightly grease a 13 x 9 inch baking dish.
- Sprinkle chicken with Cajun seasoning, and place in baking dish.
- In large bowl, combine onion, rice, blackeye peas and tomatoes.
- Pour over chicken.
- Cover and bake 45 minutes.
- Uncover and bake 15 minutes longer, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Sprinkle with parsley before serving.