Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
This recipe is froma local Junior Forum cookbook called "Buffet on the Bayou". I like it because you make it the day ahead and just pop it in the oven the day you want to serve it. Very easy to make.
- 1⁄2 large day old French bread, torn into small pieces
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 lb monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1⁄3 lb genoa salami, julienned
- 10 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄3 cup white wine
- 3 large green onions, minced
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- In a well greased 9x13-inch casserole dish, spread bread pieces over bottom and drizzle with butter. Sprinkle with Montery jack cheese and salami pieces.
- Beat together eggs,milk,wine,green onions,mustard and black and red pepper until mixture is frothy. Pour mixture over bread mixture. Cover casserole with foil and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake covered, at 325 degrees for 1 hour.
- Uncover, spread with sour cream and sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Bake uncovered an additional 10 minutes, until lightly browned.