Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
From The Tapas Cookbook. Serves 4-6 as part of a tapas meal. Tip: to peel a tomato, bring a small saucepan filled with water to a lively simmer; using a fork, spear the top of the tomato where the stem used to be and dunk into the simmering water to a count of 10 seconds; remove tomato and being careful not to burn yourself, peel the tomato with a paring knife.
- 59.16 ml Spanish olive oil, divided
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 large red bell pepper, cored, seeded, and chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper, cored, seeded, and chopped
- 2 large tomatoes, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 56.69 g chorizo sausage, thinly sliced, casings removed, if preferred (55 g)
- 44.37 ml butter
- 10 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 4-6 thick slices country bread, toasted, to serve
- Preheat an oven on low or warm setting.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil over medium-high heat in a large, heavy-bottom skillet.
- Add the onion and bell peppers and sauté for about minutes, or until the vegetables are softened, but not browned. Toss in the tomatoes and heat through. Remove to a plate and place in oven to keep warm.
- Add another tablespoon of oil to the skillet. Add the chorizo and cook for 30 seconds, enough to warm through and flavor the oil. Remove the sausage to the plate of warmed vegetables.
- Add enough oil to the pan to make up 2 tablespoons. Add butter and let melt. Season the eggs with salt and pepper, then add them to the skillet. Scramble the eggs until they are cooked to the desired degree of firmness. Add extra seasoning to taste. Return the vegetables to the skillet and stir through.
- Serve immediately over the hot toast.
Made this for the DH and myself and because of dietary restrictions had to omit the onion and capsicum/bell peppers but look forward to making it again using these ingredients when making for myself, served with wholemeal/wholegrain toast bread, thank you mersaydees, made for Make My Recipe - Reunion.
A Hearty way to start the day. Thanks for the good eats. Made for ZWT #8
Delicious and filling! The portions are generous and the chorizo adds a really nice flavor to the egg and veggie mix. Thanks for sharing! ZWT8