Recipe by ccoates67
This mixture of basil, lemon juice, mustard and garlic adds a wonderful texture and flavor to grilled shrimp. You won 't want to prepare them any other way.
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 1⁄2 lemons, juice of
- 3 tablespoons brown mustard
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- salt, to taste
- white pepper, to taste
- 3 lbs fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
Directions See How It's Made
- In a shallow, non-porous dish or bowl, mix together olive oil and melted butter.
- Stir in lemon juice, mustard, basil, and garlic, and season with salt and white pepper.
- Add shrimp, and toss to coat. Cover, and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat grill to high heat.
- Remove shrimp from marinade, and thread onto skewers. Discard marinade.
- Lightly oil grill grate, and arrange skewers on preheated grill.
- Cook for 4 minutes, turning once, or until opaque.