Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 mins
A really good appetizer, or double for a main course.
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil, divided
- 1⁄4 cup minced fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- lettuce leaf
- For dressing: Combine 1/4 cup olive oil, basil, vinegar, 1 T parmesan and sugar in saucepan on low.
- Meanwhile, combine shrimp and remaining parmesan.
- In skillet, on med, heat butter and remaining oil.
- Add shrimp and saute for 4 minutes.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Place shrimp on lettuce; drizzle warm dressing atop.