Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Fresh herbed green beans! Love the garlic!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs green beans, trimmed and halved
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 fresh basil, chopped
- salt and pepper
- Cook green beans in boiling water until crisp tender, 6 minutes; drain and place in cold water to cool quickly; drain again.
- Heat oil in pot over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic, stir 30 seconds.
- Add beans, saute until heated- 8 minutes.
- Add basil, stir 2 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
Excellent recipe....beans are semi-crips and the basil and garlic are superb! Easy as well
Delicious way to fix green beans. I used home-canned green beans they worked real good. Am anxious to try them this summer with fresh green beans from the garden, Steph, Thank you for the recipe.
Love this recipe, SO easy and perfect when you want a simple veggie side dish!