Honey Soy Crispy Garlic Green Beans
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄2 lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic, plus 3 thinly sliced cloves
- 1 lb green beans, trimmed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 shallots, sliced thin
- 1 lemon, sliced into wedges for serving
- kosher salt
- ground black pepper
- In a bowl whisk to combine honey, lemon juice, soy sauce and 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic. Set aside.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook the green beans for 2 minutes, tenderizing them but keeping them crispy. Transfer beans to a bowl filled with ice water, then drain and pat dry.
- Heat olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium high heat. Stir in the sliced shallots and cook until toasted and golden, about 2-3 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on a towel-lined plate.
- Next, fry the sliced garlic in the same pan until golden and crisp, about 2 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on a towel-lined plate.
- Add the beans to the oil and and cook for 2 minutes or until slightly blistered. Stir in the honey and soy sauce mixture and cook for another minute. Season to taste with salt and pepper and transfer beans to a serving plate. Sprinkle over fried shallots and fried garlic and serve with lemon wedges.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Food, cooking, surfing, wine, travel and fitness is what chef Dan Churchill lives for. Born in Sydney, Australia, Dan now resides in New York City where his mission is to make people happy through food.