Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This sounds so good to me. Very rich. Posting here for safekeeping.
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 (4 ounce) cans sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1⁄3 cup margarine
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon chicken soup base
- 4 cups milk
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, cubed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8 ounce) package spaghetti or 1 (8 ounce) package fettuccine
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon basil
- In a skillet sauté chicken breasts until done.
- Chicken breasts can be marinated before cooking with Italian dressing for several hours or overnight. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan melt margarine, add onions and sauté a couple of minutes. Stir in flour and salt until smooth, add soup base flavoring and milk, stir and cook until thickened.
- Add cream cheese and Parmesan cheese, stir until melted and smooth. Add mushrooms. In another large saucepan cook spaghetti until done, drain.
- In a 9 x 13 x 2 inch baking dish, spray with nonstick cooking spray. Pour spaghetti in, layer over the cooked chicken. Pour cream sauce over all. Cover and bake at 350°F about 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Serves 8.