Prep 3 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is so much better than the storebought version. In Japanese teri means shiny or glazed and yaki means baked or broiled. Because of the fresh garlic and ginger, the sauce will last for only 3 to 4 days in the refrigerator.
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup dry sherry
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor. Process until well combined.
- Transfer to a storage container, cover, and refrigerate until use.