1/1 Photo of Basic Syrup
Mia in Germany's Note:
This is the base for vanilla, chocolate or any other flavour sirup.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring water and sugar to a boil and boil for 5 minutes.
- 2Fill into bottle and store in the fridge or immediately use for syrups.
- 3For vanilla syrup:.
- 4Scrape seeds from 2 vanilla beans, combine with the beans and 1 cup basic syrup.
- 5Bring to a boil and boil for 10 minutes.
- 6Remove vanilla beans and strain through fine meshed sieve or cheesecloth. Store in a bottle in the fridge. Keeps 6 months in the fridge.
- 7For chocolate syrup:.
- 8Combine 3 1/2 ounces basic syrup and 3 1/2 ounces unsweetened cocoa powder in a pot, bring to a boil and boil for 5 minutes. Store in a bottle in the fridge. Will keep for 3 months in the fridge.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Basic Syrup
Serving Size: 1 (513 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1076.1
- Calories from Fat 44
- Total Fat 4.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 4.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 256.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.9 g
- Sugars 226.5 g
- Protein 9.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: