Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is the base for vanilla, chocolate or any other flavour sirup.
Make and share this Basic Syrup recipe from Food.com.
- Bring water and sugar to a boil and boil for 5 minutes.
- Fill into bottle and store in the fridge or immediately use for syrups.
- For vanilla syrup:.
- Scrape seeds from 2 vanilla beans, combine with the beans and 1 cup basic syrup.
- Bring to a boil and boil for 10 minutes.
- Remove vanilla beans and strain through fine meshed sieve or cheesecloth. Store in a bottle in the fridge. Keeps 6 months in the fridge.
- For chocolate syrup:.
- Combine 3 1/2 ounces basic syrup and 3 1/2 ounces unsweetened cocoa powder in a pot, bring to a boil and boil for 5 minutes. Store in a bottle in the fridge. Will keep for 3 months in the fridge.
Made a half batch of choco syrup.The vanilla does make a big difference.Enjoyed it over pancakes and I see this dissapearing really fast once DD finds out where I keep it.